July 06, 2009

In Sweden.

Hey! If there's anyone notice, this is my first blog from Sweden.

And if anyone is asking why am I in Sweden, then here's the story for you.

I joined this international organization called CISV (Children International Summer Village) like 3 or 4 months ago. I've been introduced to CISV by one of my funky boss in my office.

Now that I've passed all the interviews, trainings, pre-camp we had back in Jakarta, I really get my chance to go to Sweden. It's kind of my dream fulfillment! Because I always wanted to make or do something that's related to the peace thingy. And somehow, God answered my pray.

This is only could have happened because the people in my office is so cool. They gave me chances to experienced things to open my mind and eyes to the other side of the world. I would want to thank them right now. Because without them, I would have failed being here now. In Sweden! I could not imagine. It's still feels like dreaming. Having myself, stepping my foots in another country. On my own, bringing the kids. So I am the only adults in this trip. How cool is that?!?

I've been traveling with four kids. They are Fajar, Kyla, Ryan and Tessa. Yes, two couples.

I think I'm going to describe them tomorrow. Coz right now, I feel like sleeping. After all the activities we've done today to welcome all the delegations who are coming to the camp after staying at the host parents for 2 nights. We made a welcome ceremony just outside the camp. It's a really big school. So we gathered around making a circle outside the dinning room. We do an energizer a bit and then we took them to the music room which quite need a walk from the field. The air was good. It's a bit cold and windy. We can feel the cold wind on our skin, since we're Indonesian are not use to it. But it's cool though. There are 36 kids on that field. 18 boys and 18 girls. Plus 9 leaders and 3 staffs. So basically, there are 9 countries sending in 4 kids for each (2 boys + 2 girls). These countries are Sweden, Indonesia, Italy, Austria, Lebanon, Netherlands, Canada, Norway and Spain.

We had a quick welcome ceremony in the music room, activities and also a small party. Everyone was dancing and were having a lot of fun. I can tell! I even danced to the music and also took part on making a covered song (I'm yours by Jason Mraz)

These are the lyrics (you might want to sing it for me when I'm back to Jakarta!)

Title: We’re yours!

Oh, we’re glad to have all of you here in the camp, dear
We come from different nations, with lots of expectations
We will have fun in this camp
And we know we’ll get there

Now before we start the camp, we want you to get along, dear
Nothing’s gonna stop us all from having happy time here
Yes, we all have differences
But inside we’re the same

But we won’t hesitate
No more, no more
We can not wait. We’re yours!


Happy singing,
coffee.stains

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home